Carson Crew

Carson Crew
The Loves of My Life

Thursday, April 15, 2010

Durand




Durand is my very lively 2 1/2 year old son. Who we very lovingly call "Bubba"!! Our sweet Bubba is finding his own personality and starting to stand out from his 2 older sisters and younger brother. He is becoming a very funny active boy. Here are a few of funny "Bubba Stories"
~~On Easter weekend all 6 of us loaded up in the yukon to travel out of town for a volleyball tournament. Will and I felt this would be a great time to share the Easter story with our kids. We knew going in that Makenna~14 and Zaylee~5 would be the only ones to really listen to this beautiful story. We thought Zaylee would have some sweet comments, Makenna would have some great insight, Turner would scream and cry a little, and Durand would interrupt and say something very random. Will was getting into the story pretty deep and everyone was falling into line with what I had thought would happen. Except Durand, he was listening......ummm...I really thought he was to young. I was thinking, "Wow, Bubba is so young but he is getting it. We talk about Jesus all the time and we go to church and pray every night....and he is really getting it!!!" I felt like a proud mommy. Then it happened! Will was finishing up when Durand chimed in. We had just finished talking about how Jesus forgave everyone for doing this to Him. Durand, "Momma, huh huh I will get my gun and I will SHOOT the people!!!!" It was such a boy thing to say! We all had a huge laugh!! (oh, and the Easter Bunny had to bring him a gun!!)
~~Tonight Durand got to stay up a little later than normal and spend some extra time with his big sister "Ma-tenna". They watch some of a movie and then he hung out with her while she loaded up the dishwasher. He came running into the living room so happy and so excited, but it was time to get ready for bed. So, I striped off his shirt, shoes, socks and pants. Leaving him only in his undies so he could go potty then I would put him in his pj's. Next thing I know Durand is running full speed at me screaming "TAADAA" BUTT-NAKED!! Funny I have never heard anyone say "taadaa" when they get naked! I send him to his room to get new undies on. I snuck in to see what he was up to and I came in just in time to see him looking in his underwear drawer searching for the perfect pair. Finally he said, "Bock-it" So cute Bubba picked out boxers!

1 comment: